Steve Levy, President and Founder
From 2004 to 2011, Steve Levy served as the County Executive of Suffolk County, the largest suburban county in New York State, with a population of 1.5 million, a county workforce of over ten thousand, and a budget of over $2.7 billion.
Over his 26 year career in public service, including three years asa New York State Assemblyman, Mr. Levy has cultivated strong working relationships with the most prominent business leaders in the region and in the state.
Additionally, his operation of the County as a lean business helped save taxpayers huge sums. For instance, in addition to cutting or freezing general fund taxes for 8 straight years, he saved:
- $1.8 million annually in energy costs by contracting with energy consulting specialists.
- Hundreds of thousands of dollars by pooling the purchasing of natural gas, paper and supplies with other buyers.
- $12 million annually by using generic rather than name brand prescription drugs for employees.
- $8 million from renting out parking lots.
- Millions of dollars by negotiating zero percent salary increases while extracting worker efficiency concessions.
- $200 million through more cost conscious health insurance plans.
- Huge sums by removing 100,000 pounds of electronics from the County government’s waste stream.
- Thousands of dollars for each private sector employee joining the homebuyers’ down payment assistance program (find out if your employees are eligible).
- Twenty to fifty percent discounts for private sector residents who joined the County’s prescription drug program.
- Hundreds of thousands of dollars by better managing the County’s vehicular fleet.
This type of ingenuity and innovation that comes from 26 years of building business relationships is what CSS can offer your business.